Sunday, August 19, 2012

I sit here in my kitchen

and think about life.

I've been taking care of my mom since she got her surgery. This mostly means I've been thawing out a lot of food she cooked prior to this week, fetching her water, and watching 30 Rock. 30 Rock is the best medicine. Unless, of course, it makes your mother laugh so hard that it hurts her abdomen, the area in which she had surgery, and this in turn makes her laugh more until tears come out of her eyes, and then nobody can quit laughing and crying.

Curse you, Liz Lemon!

Some of my friends got married recently. So that's cool.

What else have I been doing?

Staying home, really. The Boyfriend was here all of last week, and I of course gained a few pounds feeding him all of the great things Texas has to offer. Now I'm trying to lose it again, but of course, dieting in my book means "making a feeble attempt at portioning the Hamburger Helper your dad made and also trying not to eat so many damn Oreos."

Perhaps I'll go to the coffeeshop later.

There was something else I wanted to blog about, but I can't remember now.

Oh! I applied for jobs at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Like, office jobs. Is it weird that I get excited about an office position? All of my jobs have been either artistic or menial, so I want a normal grown-up job, at least for a bit.

Blogged while eating Hamburger Helper,
-Kate

No comments: